How to use BlueIndy at the Airport
Driving to IND by Bluecar
- Reserve your Bluecar in the app and pick it up at the Station most convenient to you.
- Drive towards the Indianapolis International Airport on I-70 West.
- Once near the airport, there are overhead signs that will direct you to the correct lanes.
- At the parking gate, Members will follow signs for “ParkIND/BlueIndy”.
- All Bluecars are equipped with a special RFID-chip, allowing the Bluecars to pass through the fourth gate over from the left.
- All Bluecars should use this gate, and drivers are not required to take a ticket to enter the parking garage.
- Slowly pull forward until the gate opens.
- Once through, proceed to the 5th level of the parking garage and follow the signs to the 20 BlueIndy parking spaces located on the Northeast corner.
- Plug-in the Bluecar, swipe your badge to lock it, and enjoy your trip!
Arriving at IND by airplane
- Members and visitors can access the car sharing stations from the 3rd floor skybridge in the front of the airport terminal which connects to the parking garage.
- An enrollment kiosk where guests can sign up for a membership on the spot is also available and located just through the sliding doors on the 3rd level of the Daily Parking Garage.
- Once visitors have a membership, they will find Bluecars conveniently located on the 5th of the parking garage.
- To use the service:
- Swipe your badge on the Reservation Kiosk, and enter your pin. A Bluecar will be assigned to you.
- Find your assigned Bluecar and swipe your badge on the reader by the driver's side door.
- Unlock the Bluecar and recoil the charging cable into the Charge Point (They have a strong pull, so hold on tightly).
- Exit the Parking garage by following the BlueIndy signs.
- At the parking gates, slowly pull forward until the gate opens.
- Enjoy your visit to Indianapolis!
Not a Member Yet? Join Today!
Think about it; no car payments, free reserved parking at up to 200 destinations around Indianapolis, airport access, Bluecars available 24/7, and trips that generally cost less than a latte at your local coffee shop. Getting started is simple:
- Join online or on your Android or iPhone.
- Reserve a Bluecar and/or a Parking Spot from the app or in person at a Reservation Kiosk.
- Swipe your membership card at any Reservation Kiosk and be ready to drive in minutes!
*An airport surcharge of $6 applies for trips beginning or ending at Indianapolis International Airport.
*Membership and usage fees exclude applicable taxes of 17% consisting of Sales Tax (7%), Indiana Rental Tax (4%) and Marion County Supplemental Auto Rental excise tax (6%).